Friday, June 25, 2010

D-day

A drop smeared the red,
my nose seemed to have bled.
It leaked onto the cheeks,
drawing lines and oblique.
Silence enveloped the air,
it was time to end the affair.
Memories romanced my mind,
I wished time would be more kind.
I always knew I had to let go,
yet didn’t seem satiated at all.
How could he, I wept,
reminiscing the promises we had kept.
He had held me strong,
vouched to forever be around.
I yearned to seek his gaze,
as he meekly turned away his face.
Questions! I wanted to speak,
answers his touch seeked.
The lights dimmed as the moment arrived,
alas I had to step aside.
Suddenly he tightened his grip,
as they lowered the chaste veil.
One last hug, one last kiss,
His presence I would miss till eternity.
One last step, one last smile,
His dreams would make me sleep at night.
‘You are just mine’, is the last dad said,
as he walked me down the aisle.

No comments:

Post a Comment