Friday, June 25, 2010

daddy dearest

My friend, philosopher and guide,
you graduated the very day I arrived.
You were honored with a family degree,
and made proud, you have to agree.
You doted upon your darling angel,
who formed your love triangle.
I became you heart and soul,
you had scored a perfect goal!

The Apple of your eye, I am Nicotine
that gives you the ultimate high!
You’ve gifted me freedom and individuality,
taught me to eye life through reality.
A book of knowledge, my pillar of strength,
this lion’s heart has an emotional bend.
The one on whom I can unconditionally depend,
In your presence, I need no defense,
Only in you do I confide, as you trust my desires.

Holding me each time I fall,
Thanks to you, today I stand tall
Assuaging me when I am scared,
you encourage me to do and dare.
You sweep me off my feet,
make life an exotic treat!
Yet I too have my share of tiffs,
always accompanied by sniffs.
But soon tears are wiped with a kerchief,
cooling down all the heat. 

Daddy’s little girl, that’s what I am,
about the world I care a damn.
As you mean the world to me,
beyond which, I don’t want to see.
I know you are just mine, yet,
I fear losing you at times.
Gladly mom and you share an eternal bond,
which has made me emotionally strong.
I know you will always be there,
no matter how I fare. 

Sadly someday I will have to bid goodbye,
leave your hand and learn to fly.
Build a castle of my own and
surely not live in it alone.
Yet, Dad, no matter where I depart
you shall forever rule my heart!
I Love you lots and lots!

1 comment: