Friday, June 25, 2010

sweet dreams

You hold me tight,
I don’t want to let go.
The day has arrived,
you look into my eyes,
they cease to blink, as
glistening tears bid goodbye.
As you take a step away,
I look back at the times we spent…….
The shy smile, the sweet talk,
you never let night sleep at all.
Eternally indecisive and puzzled with doubts,
you perpetually complicated my thoughts.
Unveiling thyself, hiding a few tales,
you always put me on an enigmatic trail.
They could feel, they could see,
as you stole me away from me,
fulfilling all my fantasies.
But maybe….it wasn’t meant to be.
While juggling with trust and faith,
you diminished the tender flame.
At occasions of quarrels and mistakes
you gifted me refute and pain.
Overflowing sobs, echoing whims,
you lead my loneliness to its peak.
Disregarding my passion and loyalty,
you brutally trampled my sanity.
Keeping mum, lying low, acting cold,
they could feel, they could see,
as you killed the ‘me’ in me,
inflicting deceit and misery.
Years have rolled, relations have spun,
yet today we stand at the same crossroads.
You hold me tight, I don’t want to let go,
blissful in the dark oblivion,
you carelessly speak, I ardently smile,
as we soothe each others grieved mind,
maybe for the last time……!


No comments:

Post a Comment