Friday, June 25, 2010

momma, I love you

In warm hands I lay,
It had been a tiresome day.
To this world as I opened my eyes
I saw ‘She’ wearing a victorious smile.
I didn’t know what she meant to me,
yet close to her I wanted to be.
In her arms against her warmth,
I began discovering myself.
Thus began my date with life,
holding her hand I began to strive and thrive.
As I grew, with me, ‘She’ too began a whole life anew.
When I tried to speak, she stammered ABC.
When I couldn’t walk, she crawled around with me.
While I giggled with laughter, she gleefully smiled.
While I slept in peace, she guarded the night.
When I began to see, she meticulously eyed.
When I began to ask, she learnt to hide.
When I suffered a blow, she whined in pain.
While I was insulted, she looked down in shame.
When I triumphed, she felt elated with joy.
While I was embarrassed, she turned shy and coy.
When I was battered, in anger she fumed.
While I faced defeat, she felt doomed.
An angel at heart, she is always near,
shielding away insecurities and fears.
As we journeyed, “She and Me”,
became one inseparable “We”
Danger, turbulence and torment,
we withstood all, never did I relent,
as “She” became my anchor and strength.
Today 18yrs down the lane, before stepping
into the adult frame, in hindsight as I see
I thank thee for creating “She”,
SHE- the creator of “ME”
Except for a “MOM” what no one can be!
Maker
Optimist at heart,
Teacher, she taught me life’s art.
Healer, she loved and cared,
Entity, she is rare.
Ruler of Hearts---she is the universe’s sole heir!

No comments:

Post a Comment