Friday, June 25, 2010

hues

Dreams of tomorrow, eternal smiles,
I became a jittery butterfly.
The hug, snuggles, caress and kiss,
I would soon hold his hand to sleep.
Shimmering stars dazzled bright,
sparkling twinkles romanced the moonlight.
Being embraced tight, I wandered in his eyes.
As he laid me down on a bed of roses,
 the petals pricked like cacti.
Christ! The devil had come alive.
Paradise became hell as he caressed.
Passion surged into excruciating torment.
My lips burned as we kissed.
My skin turned sore under the sheets.
Hands trembled as he drew close.
Body cocooned watching his attire unfold.
The heat soared as temperatures dropped,
sweat trickled, the clock stopped.
His smile sent shivers down my spine.
His love I feared, I yearned for respite.
My head spun as he wrestled me down.
His soothing voice aroused cries.
Days seemed long, nights blackened to exploit,
my senses lay awake guarding until sunrise.
I wanted to break free from this hell,
might and mind had failed to defend.
Sanity and peace were blurred by smoke,
self respect urged me to escape this dark hole.
I took the step, to step out, love had taught me a lot.
Like all glitter is not gold, love too has more shades than red alone.












No comments:

Post a Comment