Friday, June 25, 2010

season of retreat

Seasons have turned anew, it  is time to return home
Time sings a lullaby, attempting to cajole the misty eyes
Longingly they dart around, as lips quiver unable to pronounce
Silently both revolt, against the decreed to bid goodbye

The leaves of spring will rise and fall,
as I will journey into the quaint town
My peaceful farm, lonely pets,
 swaying palms and  luscious greens,
the gleaming sun and unending fields.
each of those I missed, eagerly await my retreat….

Tears roll onto the chin, as memories surge within
The melee of chatter, jostling mornings
Whirlwind afternoons, entertaining evenings,
The serenity of moonlight, magnanimity of the  blue Arabian
The city, which shaped my growth, I resist to let go…..

When put to rest, keys protest with tinkles and sighs
The haven of warmth, my seasonal home
beckons me like its very own.
The comforting hugs, helpless chides,
Naïve tiffs, pondering chats
My family, I lived with all the time.

Jittery halogens set the streets alight,
As the air nips as time nears to depart ….
One lasting look, one hearty laugh,
A bouquet of wishes, sprinkled with wise advice
This is the moment I want to subsume,
To craft a future which mirrors the lessons of my past.

Seasons will come again, clock will complete twelve
Today will turn tomorrow, yesterday will lurk in shadow
Paths shall cross and I vouch we will meet again,
To live another season of fame!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment