Friday, June 25, 2010

step

‘X’ and ‘Y’ got together,
to begin a new life of their own.
Unknowingly that’s when seeds
for a new family were sown.
Love and trust bloomed together,
intertwined within one another.
That’s when ‘XX’ was formed,
and into this world a bratty angel
was born.

Tiny fingers, little toes,
poppy eyes and a sculpted nose.
Soft smooth lips, fuzzy hair,
you guessed right………..
I was a huggable bear.
First in Gen Next,
I was the world’s baby best.
Daddy’s soul, Mummy’s beat,
I made many hearts skip!

Soon I began growing into a teen,
the best phase of a human being.
Friends and foes replaced family,
as life geared up rapidly.
Parties, Studies, Movies and Buddies,
became reasons that made my parents worry
Here fragile trust came into play,
till date, which I haven’t let breakaway

Today in college, about to turn 18,
I yearn to relive my teens.
On looking back, just bear in mind,
Journey to Adulthood is full of steps,
Do climb and experience each,
before hurrying onto the next.
As once missed, you cant retrieve,
So refrain in life from ever feeling
“Self-deceived”

No comments:

Post a Comment