Friday, June 25, 2010

sorrie


I wanted to say much but couldn’t say a word.
When I didn’t want to speak I was clearly heard.
Words intended always went unrealized.
Why did the tongue slip on the wrong side?
Though I didn’t mean a thing, it was considered a sin.
Thanks to my assumptions I never realized,
with sheer agitation what others visualized.

I, a naughty brat, was solely responsible for the spat,
instantly after which she was taken aback.
Realization shone in a tad late,
as ignorance had already sealed my fate.   
My mind slammed its doors on peace,
and drowned in the tide of grief.

Insult, hurt and despair tore apart
love, respect and care.
Life seemed to be playing a cruel game,
battering me, causing unbearable pain.
Would I ever be able to rebuild this ship?
Could I continue to play mischief?
Hunt for these answers made me sick.
Hurting a loved one is a grave offence,
on committing which penitence’ was my
sole weapon for defense.

Tears froze, emotions dried,
guilt and anger went wild.
I wanted to give up but didn’t want to lose,
caught in rigmarole I was confused..
I tried to drift apart but couldn’t depart,
I wanted to regret but couldn’t forget,
I was facing an incomprehensible test.
  
That’s when I realized I couldn’t let go,
as for to me she meant a lot more
Earlier I had never thought, as
I hadn’t felt so insecure and unsought.
One “Mistake” opened my eyes, taught me not
to take things for granted all the while.
It has changed my life forever,
lot is lost, don’t know how much
I will ever be able to ‘recover’.



1 comment:

  1. These words have flown from your soul. Can feel the sense. You have matured finally. Luv u baby

    ReplyDelete